November 8, 2007

The Colors of Fall...

From my buddy in Alaska ...

Buford T. Porcupine's Wild and Wacky Adventures:
"Up in the early morning's as usual, pre-dawn for many of the sunrises, I finally, with some patience and persistence, was able to get in close to the spruce grouse. In my travels around the area, I've seen this bird along the back roads, always having the worst kind of luck coming upon them as they suddenly flew up into the nearest evergreen or running for cover. With a little luck being patient, I found more than enough opportunites to creep up on this bird throughout this fall season. In my last encounter with the spruce grouse, not only did I get in close enough to grab all the photos I felt I needed, I pursued this game bird into the woods."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home