September 13, 2006

Michiganblog » Blog Archive » Take A Chance On Love…

John at Michiganblog covers a lot of ground in his daily posts. Take moment and check out his page, you'll see what I mean. Great blog.

Michiganblog » Blog Archive » Take A Chance On Love…:
"Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the U.S. might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let’s say I break into your house. Let’s say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, “I’ve made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I’ve done all the things you don’t like to do. I’m hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family’s insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he, too, is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking and entering part."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home