August 25, 2006

Daily Grit by Wes Thorp: Holy crap, next week at this time I'll be sixty years old

Daily Grit by Wes Thorp: Holy crap, next week at this time I'll be sixty years old:
"It's a big fat cliche, but I'm awed by how fast life moves. I used to relish in the fact that I was a member of the first class of baby boomers having been born in 1946. My spot on a timeline was easily identifiable and was part of the tail end of a war that this country won with pride.

Turning sixty on August 31, next Thursday, has been a sobering nugget that has been swirling around in my neurons for more than a year and a half. I realize in a much more personal way that I have more life behind me than I have ahead of me. Ouch."

Early Birthday wishes Wes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home