July 7, 2009

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

I have been away from the hometown for quite a while but I really enjoy catching up on current events around the city. It's a lot like reading the funnies.

Detroit News
Former City Councilwoman Monica Conyers today blamed her desire to help neighbors on her current troubles.

"My biggest problem is helping people," Conyers told viewers on WHPR-TV (Channel 33.) "This whole situation has gotten to the point where I don't want to help people. That's a sad situation. ... If they're going to turn around and lie about people, if they're going to lie on me, I don't want to help people."

The comments on her live show, "Ask the Councilwoman," were the first in public since Conyers resigned Monday after pleading guilty to a five-year felony on claims she accepted two payments of $3,000 to switch her vote in 2007 on a $1.2 billion sludge-hauling contract.

If Conyers took the dough to help "people", I have two questions....
why'd she take so little and why'd she take a plea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home