November 11, 2007

Charlie LeDuff on life as a stay-at-home dad

My cousin, Charlie LeDuff, wrote this article for Mens Vogue. To all those Stay-at-Home Dads out there, check this out.

mensvogue.com:
"Before my daughter was born, men my age were happy to lather on the unsolicited advice about what being a dad would be like. I would eventually come to find that it wasn't really advice at all, but rather a sort of superficial observation, masculine margarine about what it feels like to be the Fatherly Influence. I would come to realize how little these freelance counselors knew about their own children.

'For the first seven months, they're pretty much just digestive tracts,' said one friend, whom I shall call Mr. Half-at-Home.

'It's the most meaningful thing that will ever happen to you,' said Mr. Oprah's Book Club.

'To tell you the truth, I can't wait to go to work in the morning,' said Mr. End of His Rope."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home